The correct pronunciation of Christian Louboutin is “Krees-tyan loo-boo-tahn.”
Christian Louboutin is a French luxury fashion designer and his name is pronounced “kree-stee-AHN loo-boo-TAHN”. The emphasis is typically placed on the first and last syllables, with the “t” in “Christian” and the “n” in “Louboutin” being pronounced with a nasal sound common in French.
As a student, I’ve heard of Christian Louboutin as a big name in fashion footwear. His 👠shoes are known for their unique and extravagant styles, and he’s also famous for his 👠red soles, which symbolize passion according to him. This 🇫🇷French designer has been making high heels since 1984, when he designed his first pair while working as a bank clerk. Today, he makes shoes for women, men, kids, and even animals.
A lot of people misspell his name as “Loubatin,” but if you want to learn how to say it correctly, there’s a guide for that.
How Do You Pronounce Christian Louboutin in French🇫🇷?
The most common way to say it in English is Lew-buh-ten. However, this is incorrect. The correct pronunciation of Louboutin’s last name in 🇫🇷French is pronounced Loo-boo tahn.🇫🇷
Many people seem to be confused about how to pronounce “in” when talking about lingerie. Some people say it like “an” while others say it like “en.” Both of these are wrong. The correct pronunciation of “in lingerie” in 🇬🇧British and 🇺🇸American English is en lingeur.
The Origins of Christian Louboutin
- Christian Louboutin was born in 1967 in Paris🇫🇷. He grew up in the 15th arrondissement of the city, where he attended high school.
- Pierre Louboutin was born to a 🇫🇷French business man and an art history professor. His parents founded the eponymous shoe brand.
- 🏫Louboutin was kicked out of three different schools because he had poor grades and was often unruly. He was also expelled from three schools altogether- including Lycée Louis Lumière, the prestigious lycee Henri IV, and the Lycée de la Providence.
- After finishing high school, Louboutin moved to Cairo, Egypt🇪🇬. He met a young woman named Azzam there, and they married. Azzam gave birth to their daughter, Marie-Agnès, in 1989.
- In 1990, Louboutin left his home country of Egypt and traveled to India🇮🇳. While in India, he studied Indian 🍛culture and religion, and also sketched shoes while working as a waiter at a restaurant called Le Café des Artistes🍚.
- Louboutin returned to🇫🇷 France, and enrolled in the National Superior School of Architecture and Civil Engineering. At this time, he was still designing high heels. However, he took classes at the Louvre Museum.
- He continued to design shoes throughout the early 2000s, even though he no longer worked for any fashion house. By 2004, he had become a freelance designer.
- 👠In 2007, Christian Louboutin launched his own shoe label. In 2008, he opened his first boutique store in 🇫🇷Paris. Today, the brand sells over 500 million pairs of shoes annually.
Christian Louboutin shoes are made in France by hand.🇫🇷
It’s not just about appearance with Louboutin footwear. They are expertly crafted with great care. A pair of Louboutins requires a lot of time and effort to create.
- The designer says he prefers to start each collection with a sketch. ✍🏼
- Then, he sends those drawings off to a small group of artisans who work in his Paris studio. 🇫🇷
- From there, the designs go to a factory outside 🇮🇹Milan where they’re turned into real shoes.👠
- Once the prototypes arrive at Rue Jean- Jacques Rousseau, Louboutin personally selects the best pairs and ships them out to his customers around the world.🌏
Christian Louboutin: Present Life😌.
Beyond only inventing the stiletto heel👠, the company has significantly changed the footwear market. Women who wear heels now feel more at ease thanks to Louboutin, who has also actively pushed them to do so.🥰
He has also assisted women in discovering their shoe sizes by encouragng them to do so without feeling self-conscious.
Christian Louboutins are an art form.
The cost of Christian Louboutin shoes👠 is frequently a turnoff for potential customers.
However, the designer himself says that expensive footwear is more of an artistic expression than a piece of gear. He told Business Insider,
“I think it’s like collecting art.” You are making a purchase because you want it to appear beautiful.🥰
Owners of Christian Louboutin are amassing works of art in the same way someone may collect a collection of fine art, such as 🖼️paintings, sculptures, or jewelry. They are merely showing them through their fashion. The luxury fashion sector is proof that art is utilized to make a statement to the world, whether it is hung on a wall in a home or worn out in public, according to Louboutin.
Although the red sole of a 🤑$1,200 pair of sneakers may appear to be a frivolous expense to some, it plays a significant role in the shoe industry.
The high cost of these shoes is justified for a number of reasons, in fact.
- 💁🏼♀️The red soles are first and foremost a status symbol.
- 🧚🏼♀️They rank among the priciest items you can put on your feet. Many people want to wear them, but only a small number can afford to.
- 🤷🏼♀️Therefore, investing in a pair of 🤑$1,000 sneakers is a great way to demonstrate your success to others.
- 👩🏼💼Second, wearing red soles isn’t just a way to flaunt wealth. They also represent power.
- 🦹🏼♀️Many people believe that sporting red soles on your shoes will give you an air of strength and authority.
- 💁🏼♀️But this is untrue. Red soles have no special significance. You could easily look powerful while wearing black ones.
- 💃🏻Finally, the red soles have become a fashion accessory. People frequently use them to express their uniqueness and creativity.
Artists, for example, have used them to draw attention to their work. Rappers have also been seen wearing them during performances.
The takeaway from this story is…
Louboutin is one of the most expensive brands out there🤦🏼♀️. However, you should continue to invest in your shoe collection. In fact, we think doing so is essential.
You shouldn’t spend 💸$1,200 on a pair of shoes that make you feel uncomfortable.
We are aware that it is not always easy to find high-end fashion items to buy. Thus, we already completed the task for you.
We looked online for the 💵lowest prices on Louboutin shoes so you don’t have to. Once you realize how much money you can save, you might even decide to treat yourself to a few pairs.
Who is Christian Louboutin?
Christian Louboutin is a French fashion designer and businessman who is best known for his luxury footwear designs featuring bright red-lacquered soles.👠 He founded his eponymous luxury footwear brand in 1991.
Where To Buy Christian Louboutin Shoes?
Christian Louboutin shoes can be found in various 😌luxury department stores, online retailers, and in select Christian Louboutin Boutiques. Some of the most popular retailers include Net-a-Porter, Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, and Bergdorf Goodman.
How Much Are Christian Louboutin Shoes?
The price of Christian Louboutin shoes can vary greatly depending on the style and materials used. Generally, the shoes range from around 🤑$500 to $2,000.