Happy Saturday, Oklahoma City! Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening in town today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Rather sunny and warmer. High: 72 Low: 49.
Here are the top 3 stories in Oklahoma City today:
- Oklahoma City Police Officer Richard Lewis is facing child neglect charges for allegedly forcing his nine- and fifteen-year-old children to live alone in a Norman apartment. The eldest told investigators that Lewis slept in the apartment a few nights a month and bought the children’s food. He has been placed on administrative leave while the case is pursued. (KOCO Oklahoma City)
- The Oklahoma City Thunder is hosting their annual raffle and shoe sale to help support Cleats for Kids, a non-profit organization that empowers children to live healthier lifestyles. The event will take place at the Paycom Center during Monday’s game and will feature more than 100 pairs of new and player-worn shoes in a take-out sale. Fans can also purchase raffle tickets for a chance to win baskets inspired by players’ favorite things, including at least one autographed article. (KFOR Oklahoma City)
- The Oklahoma City Parks and Recreation Department hires hundreds of seasonal employees. Staff members are needed to fill positions at aquatic centers, recreation centers, camps and sports programs across the city this summer. Applicants 16 years of age and older are encouraged to and attend one of three job fairs March 26, Arp. May 16 and 7 at the Pete White Health & Wellness Center. (KFOR Oklahoma City)
Today in Oklahoma City:
- Living history! At the Cherokee Strip (11:00 a.m.)
- Auditions “Clue: the musical” At the Center Theater (1:00 p.m.)
- Lucky’s 5th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Tour At the Coyote Ugly Saloon (4:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Did you know that offers a post-master’s certificate in psychiatric mental health? Apply before April 1 to start this summer. (Facebook)
- Several Oklahoma City Animal Welfare puppies have developed upper respiratory infections and need foster or adoption homes where they can recover. Stop by the shelter today to learn more about fostering and start the process. (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- American Diabetes Association Diabetes Alert Day: Understand Your Risk (March 22)
- Everything Must Go – Surplus Assets Auction (March 24)
- Add your event
Do you like everyday life in Oklahoma City? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
All right, all is well for today. I will see you soon!
— Helene Eckhard
About me: Helen Eckhard is a Marketing Assistant at Lightning Media Partners. She is a self-proclaimed logophile who is currently pursuing her Masters in Library Science. Outside of work, you can find Helen building crossword puzzles, knitting, or devising increasingly clever ways to kill characters in her detective stories.